Wedding and Function Guidelines
The Inn at Pleasant Lake hosts indoor weddings and catered functions of up to 100 guests. Seasonal outdoor weddings may be planned for up to 200 guests.
Rooms and Facilities
- The party booking the wedding reception or large function must rent all of the rooms in the inn. Our two-night minimum dictates that all rooms must be rented on Friday and Saturday for a Saturday wedding, or Saturday and Sunday for a Sunday wedding. (Three night minimum on Columbus Day Weekend – second weekend in October).
- The group must provide the Inn at Pleasant Lake with the name, address, and phone number of each guest who will be staying at the inn at least one month prior to the date of the function. The Inn at Pleasant Lake will send a letter to each guest welcoming him or her to the inn and informing of checkin and checkout times and other policies.
- Some of the Inn at Pleasant Lake’s normal amenities such as afternoon tea may be suspended on the weekend of the function at the management’s discretion, depending upon timing and unforeseen factors associated with the functions layout and timing.
- Private receptions dictate a minimum of 60 guests. Smaller private groups may be accommodated for an additional privacy fee.
- A facility fee of $500.00 will be charged for large functions requiring a five hour reception block. A fee of $500.00 will be charged for wedding ceremonies held outside on the inn’s property (in addition to the facility fee).
- Receptions may last up to five hours. A fee of $500.00 per hour or part thereof plus 20% service fee will be charged for additional time. No reception may continue past 11:00 PM.
- A wedding ceremony or function at the Inn at Pleasant Lake may begin any time after 4:00 PM.
- Room rates are quoted per room and are based on single or double occupancy. There is a $25.00 for each additional adult or child. Checkin begins at 3:00 PM. Checkout is by 11:00 AM
Rentals, Food and Set-up
- The Inn at Pleasant Lake can arrange for the rental of any equipment required for the wedding ceremony and reception. The cost of rental items will be included in the final billing for the function. The set-up and removal of rented items is handled by The Inn at Pleasant Lake staff or its subcontractors. A service fee of 20% will be added to the cost of all rentals. The Inn at Pleasant Lake will be responsible for all clean-up following the wedding reception.
- Damage to any part of The Inn at Pleasant Lake’s physical plant or grounds, rental equipment or other property of the Inn at Pleasant Lake or its subcontractors will be the responsibility of the person signing the Catering Agreement.
- The Inn at Pleasant Lake has full licenses to provide and serve liquor, beer, champagne, and wine, in addition to non-alcoholic beverages. The Inn at Pleasant Lake will provide a bartender or bartenders as part of the cost of the function. A 20% gratuity will be added on to all food and beverage totals.
- If the wedding party or host chooses to have flowers brought to the reception, The Inn at Pleasant Lake should be notified of name and phone number of the florist in order that important information may be communicated between the two.
- Children under the age of twelve must be supervised at all times. The Inn at Pleasant Lake will be happy to assist in finding a local babysitter if notice is given far enough in advance.
Deposits and Other Payments
- A deposit equal to 50% per room, per night before tax, will be payable by cash, check, or money order within two weeks after reserving the rooms. Once the reception plans are finalized, an additional 20% of the catering estimate is required. If the room block or reception is cancelled up to eight weeks prior to the date of arrival, The Inn at Pleasant Lake will refund 90% of all deposits paid. Within eight weeks of arrival, deposits are non-refundable. The Inn at Pleasant Lake can host a wedding reception only if the group has reserved all of the rooms. The group organizer will be responsible for full payment of any room not occupied or any room not paid in full by the room’s occupant(s).
- A guaranteed number of people will be required seven days prior to the wedding reception or group function.
- Final payment by cash or check is expected upon checkout.