There’s nothing like small town New England for authentic experiences, great food and thriving, friendly communities. At the Inn at Pleasant Lake, we specialize in unique and unforgettable experiences. Our farm to table approach and commitment to local sourcing and our community provides unique perspectives we’d love to share with you. Our partners at Blue Loon Bakery, share this passion. Their mission is “to bake amazing bread and pastries, create a welcoming place to gather, and contribute to our community.” They specialize in baking artisan-style breads and pastries from scratch, using local and seasonal ingredients. Together, we’re offering an immersive culinary experience from scratch baking to fine dining, all with a focus on local sourcing and farm to table freshness. How does a locally sourced context influence your menu, flavor selections, and presentation? How does seasonal availability of ingredients and sustainability shape your thinking? Learn farm-to-table techniques ranging from naturally leavened breads and heritage grains, to soups, to entrées and desserts. You’ll go behind the scenes for immersive experiences with Chef Bryan Leary and Chef Laurie Schive on a tour from your food’s source to your finished plate and fine dining experience at Oak & Grain.
Here is a suggested itinerary for your personalized Grain to Table culinary experience in New Hampshire. Please note this example has been designed with a one night stay in mind. It can easily be tailored to longer stays and incorporate more activities or more time to explore the local area.
- 3:00 pm – Arrive at the inn (check in is at 3:00PM) and settle into your room after your personalized introduction to the property.
- 3:30 pm – Enjoy tea time and afternoon snacks, cheese & crackers in the Sun Room with views of Pleasant Lake and Mt. Kearsarge
- 4:00 pm – Join Chef Leary for your Personalized Cooking Class to explore Locally sourced nuances and resulting preparation techniques
- 5:00 pm – Explore the property – perhaps a stroll down to the lake. Free time to review your itinerary for the next day.
- 6:15 pm – Enjoy cocktail reception by the fireplace in the living room.
- 7:00 pm – Join our signature five-course dinner, (or 3-course menu Mon, Thurs, Sun), and experience the fruits of your class and flavors sourced by our local farm partners. The table is yours for the night.
- Perhaps try our seasonal signature cocktails or chef selected wine pairings (Optional, beverage costs not included in package).
- 8:00 – 10:00 am – Enjoy our hearty country breakfast as you prepare for your baking adventure.
- 11:00 am – Checkout of the Inn – Don’t forget your Oak & Grain Souvenir Spatula!
- 11:00 – 12:30 pm – Tour the classic New England town of New London.
- Head over to Blue Loon for a locally sourced lunch (optional suggestion- price not included in package)
- 12:45 pm – Stay at Blue Loon for your hands-on baking class featuring sustainable methods.
- 2:30 pm – you’re on your way home!
- Please Note: this package can easily be extended to a two night stay, which would allow more time to explore New London, the Inn, and perhaps some local farms the sourced your food!
Come make memories with us at our New London B&B while acquiring new cooking skills and knowledge of local sourcing!