A trip to New Hampshire is guaranteed to be full of beauty in the outdoors, and the town of New London is no different. Every changing season brings a new landscape of stunning nature, and there’s never a bad time to visit this little New Hampshire getaway town. You’ll be sure not to go hungry during your stay at the Inn at Pleasant Lake. Each guest is provided with a complimentary breakfast in the morning as well as constant access to fresh coffee and bottled water. What guests really covet is our esteemed on-site dining experience: Oak and Grain, the premier New London restaurant.
Discovering the Best New London Restaurants
Oak and Grain’s culinary vision is centered around New England’s history and includes locally-grown ingredients from ingredients on-site like herbs to maple sugar, to items from over 32 local farms. With our scenic view of Pleasant Lake and Mount Kearsarge and our historical setting that first opened in 1868, guests are assured an unmatched ambiance.
10 Reasons to Choose Oak and Grain
Oak and Grain has built a stellar reputation over the last 25 years as the top-rated New London restaurant for a wide variety of reasons. To give you a taste of what we can offer here in the Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee region, we’ve pieced together ten reasons to choose Oak and Grain during your next romantic getaway:
- The #1-rated Oak and Grain is in the TripAdvisor hall of fame.
- Dinner is unlike any other culinary experience in the region. Options include Chef’s Whim, 5-Course Tasting Menu, or A la Carte
- You’ll enjoy a farm-to-table, locally-sourced, custom-built menu nightly.
- Each signature cocktail is invented to fit the season.
- Guests enjoy our extensive wine program, which includes a popular chef-selected wine pairing with five-course meal.
- Oak and Grain is perfect for group functions, family reunions, and birthdays.
- Oh, and it’s ideal for client meetings, business meetings, and team celebrations!
- The Inn at Pleasant Lake is noted as one of the best romantic dinner destinations in New England. We recently were honored with best Lakeview Dining from Yankee Magazine!
- Both the restaurant and inn are sensational venues for weddings.
- Cooking classes are scheduled monthly (we can do groups).
The Dining Experience
Yes, Oak and Grain is known for its five-course dinners, but the romantic atmosphere, old-world ambiance, and world-class wait staff help create a genuinely memorable dining experience with any format. Everything from the vibrant plate presentation to the soothing background music sets the tone for an unforgettable evening. Dinner may be served on outside on our patio, with expansive views in our Sunroom, or in the Main Dining Room. We serve dinner to the public (not just inn guests) Wednesday through Sunday evenings. We also serve a 3-course Brunch on Sundays only.
The Inn at Pleasant Lake
From our extensive list of amenities to the tasty food, the Inn at Pleasant Lake is the perfect place to stay during your next trip to New London. With plenty of room choices and free breakfast every morning, you’ll have everything you need for the perfect stay at this beautiful lakeside retreat. As host to one of the best New London restaurants, the Inn at Pleasant Lake won’t let you go hungry. Your taste buds won’t be disappointed by the delicious, award-winning food created by our talented culinary team right here at Oak and Grain. To book a well-deserved escape to Pleasant Lake, please visit us online.