Are you looking for fun things to do in New Hampshire? Laurids Lauridsen’s Historic Scavenger Hunt is a fun event to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Inn at Pleasant Lake and help promote awareness of the rich history of the town of New London. It begins and ends at the Inn at Pleasant Lake. The route explores several historic sites right here in New London, some of which are located on the grounds of the New London Historical Society with clues to discover at each stop along the way. The hunt is fun for all ages and works well as a family outing or with groups. (Only one prize is awarded per group.) History buffs, adventurers, and anyone who enjoys a beautiful afternoon drive will love this activity. Why not take in a little of New Hampshire’s history along with the beautiful views along the way. Finding all the clues is guaranteed to be a challenge!! Good Luck!!
After your day’s adventures, why not reward yourself with our signature five-course dinner at Oak & Grain. For many folks, one day is just not enough to explore the area. Extend your stay a few nights and enjoy our best midweek rates!
Conducting Your New England Scavenger Hunt:
This is a self-guided activity that explores the history of the town of New London. It begins and ends at the Inn. You will need the following items for the hunt: There is no specified route or sequence required to solve the Hunt. You will need the following items for a productive hunt:
- Your favorite scavenger hunting gear (hat, walking stick, water bottle, etc..)
- Laurids Lauridsen’s Historic Hunt Clue Sheet (provided by the Inn).
- Map of the area roads or GPS with good cell signal (Verizon is advisable in this area)
- Cell phone or camera to take photographic evidence of clue answers
- Pen/Pencil for note taking
- There are shops for food, ice cream or other refreshments along the route.
NOTE: It is important that you check in before starting the hunt, and immediately upon successful completion if you wish to be eligible for the prizes offered in this promotion. While time to complete is not an element of competition, we are tracking duration for informational purposes, which will be helpful in planning future events.
Laurids was a well-known figure in the history of New London. As a member of the New London Historical Society from 1956 until he passed, he was a guiding light and inspiration in the development of the Society’s “Old New London” 19th century village. He also served as a director for over 40 years as well as serving several terms as its president. He received the New London Chamber of Commerce Service Award in 1982 and the William M. Beall Award in 1991. During his tenure, Laurids was responsible for many of the restorations you will encounter during this scavenger hunt. Discovering Laurids’s work has been an inspiration; tracing his impact on New London’s historical record has formed the essential backbone of this Scavenger Hunt. The Inn at Pleasant Lake is pleased to honor him in this way, and to help our guests re-live a small slice of history that he was so influential in preserving. Participants in this Hunt may find their own inspiration in researching Laurids’s contributions to the town of New London.
Promotional Challenge Details:
- Participants that find all ten answers to the clues of the scavenger hunt are eligible to receive a $100 gift certificate from the Inn at Pleasant Lake that can be used towards a stay, to purchase merchandise, or towards a rewarding gourmet dinner at our top-rated restaurant Oak & Grain.
- All submitted responses will be validated by the Inn Owners, and all complete and correct responses are eligible for the announced prize. Determination of correct responses is the sole discretion of the Inn Owners.
- If there is more than 1 correct submission, a raffle will be held to determine winner.
- This is a promotional offer, not a contest.
- The challenge will run from 6/1/2018 – 6/30/2018 (solely at owner’s discretion and can be discontinued at any point).
- Participants must register with the Inn at Pleasant Lake prior to beginning their hunt and immediately upon completion to be eligible for prize.
- Prizes will be awarded ONLY after the challenge has ended (6/30/2018). Winners will be announced during the week following 7/1/2018.
- Any sharing of clues or answers will cause immediate termination of the promotion.
- Only one prize is awarded for groups.